Saturday, May 15, 2021

Reading Update

I just posted an update on my reading the other day, but here's a brief one on the two books I finished this week.


Book #40 of the year was Write Like Issa: A Haiku How-To, by David G. Lanoue. I really enjoyed this look at the haiku of Issa, who lived in the eighteenth century. Illustrated with haiku by Issa and by many modern writers who aspire to write like him, this book gives six inspiring lessons from Issa's life and work. 

 

And, finally, Book #41! I've been reading The Far Pavilions, by M. M. Kaye, aloud to my husband for months and months. It's 1200 pages long, but we finally finished it this morning. For me it was at least the third time through, but he hadn't read it before. We both enjoyed it immensely.

 

Our edition was a bit the worse for wear, and it got worse as we went along. Just before we finished it, I suddenly realized I had lost track of the last page! I posted on Facebook and asked friends who owned it to send me a photo of the last page, and two friends did. But then I found the paper version again, so we were able to read every last word.

2 comments:

Tabatha said...

What a lovely story -- that you read a 1200 page book to your husband and that the last page was missing and found again! I looked up the mini series and am going to give it a go for my next exercise video (I get too bored with exercising not to have something to watch...I am currently watching a season of Forged in Fire, so this will be very different!)

yapı market said...

Thanks for sharing