Sunday, April 10, 2022

NPM Day 10

It's a good thing I didn't raise expectations - my own or other people's - in my post on the first day of National Poetry Month. We did indeed move, and we did indeed have to wait a while before we had internet. I had it at work, but not enough time to blog. I even missed Poetry Friday, which I try not to do. And I haven't read the Progressive Poem once yet! Next Sunday it's my day to contribute a line, so after I write this, I'm headed over there to remedy that (you can find the links to all the lines at the end of this post). 


I have been reading poetry, including this book I borrowed from our school library. 


I wonder how this book made its way here to Paraguay and to a shelf in our library, not a place known for its large poetry collection? I don't know, but I was glad to find it. Below is a poem from it that I particularly enjoyed, and from which the title of the book is drawn.




That last line sums up why I love getting mail: "A few weeks ago,/ someone was thinking of me." (I love getting email, too, and realizing someone was thinking of me a few minutes ago.) 






April 1 Irene at Live Your Poem
2 Donna Smith at Mainely Write
3 Catherine Flynn at Reading to the Core
4 Mary Lee at A(nother) Year of Reading
5 Buffy at Buffy Silverman
6 Molly at Nix the Comfort Zone
7 Kim Johnson at Common Threads
8 Rose Cappelli at Imagine the Possibilities
9 Carol Varsalona at Beyond Literacy Link
10 Linda Baie at Teacher Dance
11 Janet Fagel at Reflections on the Teche
12 Jone at Jone Rush MacCulloch
13 Karin Fisher-Golton at Still in Awe
14 Denise Krebs at Dare to Care
15 Carol Labuzzetta @ The Apples in my Orchard
16 Heidi Mordhorst at My Juicy Little Universe
17 Ruth at There is no such thing as a God-forsaken Town
18 Patricia at Reverie
19 Christie at Wondering and Wandering
20 Robyn Hood Black at Life on the Deckle Edge
21 Kevin at Dog Trax
22 Margaret at Reflections on the Teche
23 Leigh Anne at A Day in the Life
24 Marcie Atkins
25 Marilyn Garcia
26 JoAnn Early Macken
27 Janice at Salt City Verse
28 Tabatha at The Opposite of Indifference
29 Karen Eastlund at Karen’s Got a Blog
30 Michelle Kogan Painting, Illustration, & Writing

1 comment:

Linda B said...

Everyone here is lamenting the slow mail, too, Ruth. I'm glad you found the new book & shared the poem. My mother, long ago, ended up in South Carolina because my father was stationed there - WWII. After all the years, she still spoke of the lizards in her house which she was never used to, a new thing for her. Enjoy what's happened with the Progressive Poem! And have a lovely week ahead.