Sunday, April 13, 2008

Roots


I'm staying home from church today with a sick child, and while she dozed off (though when she woke up she denied that such a thing had ever happened), I took the time to experiment some with the camera we were just given. (Thanks, guys, if you're reading.)

This ficus tree has roots that will not quit. They have broken through the bottom of this concrete pot and snaked down into the concrete below and the earth below that. You have to be careful not to plant them near a cistern, because the roots will break it.

I want to sink down my roots into God's love in the same way.

"...that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith - that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:16-19

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this meditation.

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed. A Picture!