Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday

As I was walking over to school this morning, I saw a dead rat on the road. It looked just like characters in cartoons look after they have been run over by a steamroller - flat, but still recognizable as the creatures they used to be. Except that in a cartoon they generally bounce back from this treatment, whereas this rat was very much dead. A big brute, it was. I was not so sad to see that its life was over.

When I got here I saw another teacher arriving with a basket of laundry. She, like me, is here to take advantage of the generator to get some work done, but her work is ironing. I'd rather do my work than hers.

Well, I'm off to grade and enter grades on the computer and plan for next week and do a new seating chart for my seventh graders.

(Here's the Saturday Review of Books.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

But did it have Xs over its eyes? :^)

Ruth said...

LOL! That would really have been the finishing touch.

Anonymous said...

I see mundane life goes on--ironing and grading and seating charts and the like.

When classes are cancelled, do you have to make up the days? Or do you modify your content?

Ruth said...

We have a few extra days built into the year just in case, but if we miss any more days we'll have to do something to make up the time - probably giving kids work to do at home. Realistically, you do have to modify things a bit.

Tricia said...

I'm in the midst of grading right now, and ironing sounds like much more fun!