Sunday, November 21, 2021

Gratiku Day Twenty-One

Who knows what makes healing happen? Sure, it's the surgery, and the medicine, and the therapy. It's the determination of the patient to work at it.  It's the hours and hours of care from devoted medical personnel.

 

And then, it's something mysterious. Something that the body wants. Something that we've been watching with awe all our lives, as skinned knees bled, hurt, scabbed over, and finally looked as though nothing ever happened. It comes slowly, incrementally, day after day, when we're not looking. It's a miracle.


 

Time knits back what’s torn
Heart resumes disrupted song
Healing’s alchemy


Birdtober? Gratiku? What's up with me and these made-up words and daily posting? Well, I've learned that a tiny little burst of creativity each day helps keep me going, stops me from being entirely fixated on the mess. That's why I post daily photos on Facebook. And that's why I'm doing these writing projects. This one is a daily haiku about something I'm thankful for. (A gratitude haiku - get it?) As long as the internet keeps working, I'm going to try to post one every day in November.


No comments: