Saturday, October 22, 2022

Birdtober Day Twenty-Two: Lovebird

 

Photo Source: eBird.com


There are nine species of lovebirds on eBird. I chose this one, the Red-headed Lovebird, because it lives where I do, so I could potentially see it in my yard. 

 

I found out that several countries have had these birds on stamps. (You can see pictures of stamps here.) So that gave me an idea for today's poem.

 

 

Which bird's image could be better

For sticking on a loving letter?

When sending out a Valentine,

A message begging, "Please be mine,"

A lovebird stamp is the best choice

To give your sentiments their voice.

Red-headed Lovebird, you won't fail

To deliver loving mail.

 

©Ruth Bowen Hersey

 


 

1 comment:

mbhmaine said...

Oh, I love how you linked this bird with stamps and love letters. Perfect!