Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Story from Haiti, part fourteen

Here's an episode of The Story from January that I missed. The second half is about Haiti. Dick Gordon speaks to Dr. Herby Derenencourt, with Catholic Relief Services, Kent Annan, Pastor Michelet Sainte Leste, whose church collapsed in the earthquake, and my friend Maggie Boyer, in her second interview on The Story.

Dr. Derenencourt is Haitian but was not in the country at the time of the quake. He remarks on how at first he heard numbers and statistics, and then gradually began to hear names. He says hearing names is so much different. How true this is.

In pastor Michelet Sainte Leste's church, five hundred people, including some of his family members, died. His church was a three-storey building on Delmas 64.

And Maggie. I have so much love and respect for her. It hurts me to hear her talk about the situation. Since listening to the last interview with her, I have had some conversation with her over email. Typically, she mostly talked about her concern for my husband and me.

Here's my index to the episodes of The Story having to do with the Haitian earthquake.

No comments: